I remember these days since my childhood – 8 of March was the day when the women received most of the attention, flowers, kisses and everything was done not to upset but keep them pleased (it should be like this everyday, unfortunately life is not always smooth and easy). Grandmothers, Mothers, Sisters all dressed nicely, beautiful and I would say happy. My deep respect for all women of the world! The holiday is not celebrated in the USA, exceptionally so.. (I already pronounced myself in re to the US “exceptionalism and indispensability”. Even though it is slowly catching up with the rest of the civilized countries: I always wondered why it is not celebrated?
“Controversy clouds the history of International Women’s Day. According to a common version of the holiday’s origins, it was established in 1907, to mark the 50th anniversary of a brutally repressed protest by New York City’s female garment and textile workers. But there’s a problem with that story: Neither the 1857 protest nor the 50th anniversary tribute may have actually taken place. In fact, research that emerged in the 1980s suggested that origin myth was invented in the 1950s, as part of a Cold War-era effort to separate International Women’s Day from its socialist roots.
[… ] Due to its ties with socialism and communism, perhaps it’s not surprising that International Women’s Day didn’t catch on here in the United States the way it did in other countries. Recently, however, international digital marketing campaigns have brought the holiday (in its less-political form) further into American culture, complete with corporate support from PepsiCo and other brands. In 2017, the official theme for International Women’s Day is #BeBoldforChange, a campaign that calls on its supporters “to help forge a better working world—a more gender inclusive world.” full article
Aside from inequality there are more bad news for women. The scientific community through meticulous and carefully conducted research has arrived at the sad conclusion that the Americans are not the men they once were. “Adults are having less sex than 20 years ago, finds study“. The paper is not easy to understand for the average reader; you really need to be a mathematically structured mind with some special analytical skills. The Guardian simplified the findings & I found them deeply troubling. The whole culture needs to be re-evaluated and cured of behaviors leading to bedroom inactivity and stagnation. I do not blame women for none of these findings, it is all men’s fault – because men are not gentle, they are “grabbing by the pussy” … Here are the causes of men’s downfall as explained by The Guardian:
“…nine other possible reasons for the decline:
- Many American men are abstaining from sex due to concerns that their penises pale in comparison to the eggplant emoji.
- If you post a picture of yourself having sex to Instagram, the network’s administrators just delete it anyway. Why bother doing something you’re not going to get any credit for?
- There’s no time to have sex at night because we’re busy refreshing Twitter to see what kind of tantrum the president might be having, and we don’t have sex during the day because living in a country where the president has late-night Twitter tantrums is massively depressing.
- Many Americans have pledged to refrain from engaging in any sexual activity until executives at Warner Brothers agree that the films in the DC Extended Universe should have a lighter tone.
- The emotional release that comes as the result of physical intimacy cannot possibly compare to the deep satisfaction felt when completing an adult coloring book.
- It’s hard to get aroused knowing that your Amazon Echo is listening from the living room and the CIA is listening through your Samsung TV.
- Republican couples are fearful of provoking the ire of Paul Ryan by engaging in an activity that might add to the country’s population while he is working so hard to drastically reduce it.
- Snapchat has yet to release a filter that makes your genitalia look like an anime character.
- Americans are actually having as much sex as ever, but they lowballed their answers because of the weird way the scientist conducting the study winked after asking each question on the survey.”